Supplier of NEWTON alloys

More informationGet a quote

NEWTON alloys are one of the metals used in the medical field and in certain industrial sectors. Metaconcept is one of the best suppliers of NEWTON alloys.

What is a NEWTON alloy?

This is an alloy designed by Isaac NEWTON in 1701. It consists of 50% bismuth, 30% tin and 20% lead. It has a melting point of 98°C. Bismuth melts at 256°C, tin at 210°C and lead at 260°C. Combining these metals in proportions of 50%, 30% and 20% respectively produces an alloy called a NEWTON alloy, with a melting point of 98°C.

What is a NEWTON alloy used for?

A NEWTON alloy is one of the “fusible” alloys. It is used in a variety of applications. In some fields, it is used to cast figures or medals. In this case, it can be used to obtain very precise shapes. NEWTON alloys are also used by dentists to seal decayed teeth. Steam engines are also equipped with them. It takes the form of fusible washers. Finally, in the health sector, NEWTON alloys are used in radiotherapy.

Metaconcept, supplier of pure metals and alloys

When you need pure metals and alloys, turn to Metaconcept. We specialise in tin alloys. Our products are made for you if you are a company committed to the environment, like our brand. In fact, the NEWTON alloy we offer is of the highest quality and is obtained through a process of recycling and recovery of metal waste. For more information, please contact us.

Contact us

Receive our brochures or resources, or contact us directly.